Ican Guard Multi-Surface Protector
Ican Guard Multi Surface Protector provides an optimum all-round protection for porous building materials. This single product provides water and oil repellent protection for walls, flooring and roofing.
It can be using inside and outdoors on both highly porous and low porosity materials eg. limestone, granite, sandstone, marble and slate and surfaces subject to high levels of foot traffic including pavements, pedestrian precincts, patios, swimming pool decks, stairways and car parking area.
Ican Guard is a non film-forming surface impregnation, where the surface remains permeable to air and water vapour. It does not alter the surface colour. Aesthetics and composition of the treated material remain unchanged. A surface becomes UV-resistant and will not discolour with age.
A surface treated with Ican Guard Multi Surface Protector will wear better over time and be easier to maintain. This treatment also offers a solution to the main causes of deterioration, like atmospheric pollution, grease-type dirt, penetration of liquids, graffiti and also makes chewing-gum easier to remove.
Water-borne fluoropolymer dispersion.
Advantages and Characteristics
- Effective for >12 years, on vertical surfaces
- Can be applied to vertical, horizontal, inside & outside surfaces
- Prevents the penetration of water & oily liquids
- Limits efflorescence formation
- By keeping the fabric of a surface dry gives resistance to moss and lichen growth.
- Anti-staining, anti-dirt. Prevents chewing-gum from sticking to treated surfaces and stops dirt due to pollution from building up again.
- Prevents deterioration resulting from repeated ‘freeze-thaw’ cycles
- Treated surfaces become easier to clean
- Non film-forming, allowing a surface to breathe
- Non-flammable; Non-hazardous & Non-toxic
- Water-borne; Solvent and silicone-free
- >95% biodegradable according to OECD standards
- UV-resistant, does not discolour. Invisible once dry.
- Chemically resistant to mild acids and alkalis and de-icing salts.
- Ready to use; Easy to apply.
1; 5; 25; litre containers
- Physical State at 20˚C: Liquid
- Appearance: Pale straw colour
- Odour: None
- pH: 6 ± 0.5
- Boiling Point [˚C]: 100
- Density: 1.0 Kg/L
- Solubility in water [vol/vol]: Fully soluble
- Flash Point [˚C]: Not applicable
- Shake the container well before use
- Ensure the surface to be treated is clean, dust-free and visually dry before application
- Surface moisture content needs to be a > 5% up to a depth of 1cm.
- Use neat; do not dilute
- Apply using a low-pressure spray, roller or brush
- The treated surface has to be applied to saturation, either in one application or in two applications ‘wet-on-wet’.
- On vertical surfaces, apply from the bottom up taking care to avoiding the product to ‘run’.
- Drying time: 24 hours
- For the optimum performance: wait 5 to 7 days
This will depend on the materials porosity. This guide indicates approximate rates only:
|Marble||Up to 12.00 m²/litre|
|Sandstone||Up to 10.00 m²/litre|
|Limestone||Between 1-3 m²/litre|
|Terracotta||Up to 5.00 m²/litre|
|Cast Concrete||Up to 5.00 m²/litre|
|Polished Concrete||Up to 10.00 m²/litre|
|Interlocking Paving Stones||Up to 12.00 m²/litre|
Clean tools and equipment immediately after use with water
- Keep in a cool, dry place
- Keep away from extreme cold, do not store in conditions below 5˚C
- Shelf Life: 12 months in unopened containers, stored in recommended conditions
- Remove atmospheric pollution-related soiling from all surfaces to be treated before starting the application
- Ican Guard Multiface Protector requires to be shaken before use and only used when the ambient surface air temperature is >5˚C.
- Do not apply during rainy or very hot weather. If there is likely to be rain in the next 4 hours, wait until a dry period occurs.
- Do not dilute or mix with any other product
- It is always advisable to carry out a trial application first to ascertain best means of application as well as calculating an actual coverage rate.
Health and Safety
- Respiratory Protection: Under normal conditions of use where adequate ventilation is available, no special respiratory protection equipment is needed,
- Hand Protection: None required
- Skin Protection: No special protective clothing or skin protection is required under normal conditions of use.
- Eye Protection: If there is a real risk of splashing, wear protective goggles.
- If swallowed: do not induce vomiting. Contact a doctor or a specialist
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN